I have been under the weather for the past 4-5 days, which is a pity as it happenend right in the middle of vegan mofo. Food was more or less the last thing on mind, and I am slowly getting back to normal. Towards the end I had decided that enough was enough and proceeded to satisfy my sweet cravings by baking this low fat banana bread from Veganomicon.
Its such a versatile and flexible recipe and it withstood the many modifications I made to it:
- whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour
- brown sugar in reduced quantities instead of granulated sugar
- a bit of agave nectar instead of the molasses I didnt have on had
- I threw in dried cranberries
- I replaced the cinnamom and nutmeg with cardamom, my favorite spice
It turned out really moist, dense and delicious and was a great way to greet the weekend!